Job Description: Fabricate precision parts from metal, plastic, etc. using machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, drill press, etc. Use precision measuring tools and various hand tools. Responsible for performing 1st piece inspections on machined parts.
- Select the appropriate tools, machines, and materials to be used in preparation of machinery work.
- Check work pieces to ensure that they are properly lubricated and cooled.
- Maintain industrial machines, applying knowledge of mechanics, shop mathematics, metal properties, layout, and machining procedures.
- Align and secure holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, or materials onto machines.
- Confer with programmers in order to check and ensure that new programs or machinery will function properly, and that output will meet specifications.
- Perform other duties as assigned by team leaders and managers.
- Calculate dimensions or tolerances, using instruments such as micrometers or vernier calipers.
- Measure, examine, or test completed units to check for defects and ensure conformance to specifications, using precision instruments, such as micrometers.
- Monitor the feed and speed of machines during the machining process.
- Diagnose machine tool malfunctions to determine need for adjustments or repairs.
- Maintain a clean and neat work area.
Please send resume to email@example.com
Manufacturing Team Member
The Manufacturing Team Member is responsible for manufacturing the systems and products sold by PVA. This position ensures that product is assembled correctly and shipped on time.
- Reads and interprets electrical and mechanical schematics to assemble components.
- Uses a volt meter and hand tools.
- Cable assembly and cable integration into motion platform.
- Ensures department meets weekly average shipment targets.
- Ensures that goals and expectations are met, and product is being developed on schedule.
- Ensures equipment is in optimum working order and brings issues to supervisors’ attention within one hour when aware of machine interruption.
- Maintains confidentiality of customer information 100% of the time.
- Forms strong working relationships within team and treats each other with respect.
- Corresponds with departments, and team through face-to-face meetings.
- Basic knowledge and ability to use hand tools.
- Understanding of electrical and mechanical concepts.
- Strong verbal communication and listening skills; ensures that information is passed on to others who should be kept informed.
- Self-starter who works independently and in a team environment.
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Exhibits sound judgement; anticipates the implications and consequences of situations and takes appropriate action to be prepared for possible contingencies.
- Maintains a calm, tactful demeanor when dealing with difficult situations.
- Manages multiple projects and timelines with a sense of urgency and follow through.
- Well organized, analytical, and detail oriented.
- Follows direction with focused attention.
- Exhibits initiative.
- Willing to learn.