Job Description: Fabricate precision parts from metal, plastic, etc. using machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, drill press, etc. Use precision measuring tools and various hand tools. Responsible for performing 1st piece inspections on machined parts.
- Select the appropriate tools, machines, and materials to be used in preparation of machinery work.
- Check work pieces to ensure that they are properly lubricated and cooled.
- Maintain industrial machines, applying knowledge of mechanics, shop mathematics, metal properties, layout, and machining procedures.
- Align and secure holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, or materials onto machines.
- Confer with programmers in order to check and ensure that new programs or machinery will function properly, and that output will meet specifications.
- Perform other duties as assigned by team leaders and managers.
- Calculate dimensions or tolerances, using instruments such as micrometers or vernier calipers.
- Measure, examine, or test completed units to check for defects and ensure conformance to specifications, using precision instruments, such as micrometers.
- Monitor the feed and speed of machines during the machining process.
- Diagnose machine tool malfunctions to determine need for adjustments or repairs.
- Maintain a clean and neat work area.
Job Location: PVA Global Headquarters | Cohoes, NY
Manufacturing Team Member
The Manufacturing Team Member is responsible for manufacturing the systems and products sold by PVA. This position ensures that product is assembled correctly and shipped on time.
- Reads and interprets electrical and mechanical schematics to assemble components
- Uses a volt meter and hand tools
- Cable assembly and cable integration into motion platform
- Ensures department meets weekly average shipment targets
- Ensures that goals and expectations are met, and product is being developed on schedule
- Ensures equipment is in optimum working order and brings issues to supervisors’ attention within one hour when aware of machine interruption
- Maintains confidentiality of customer information 100% of the time
- Forms strong working relationships within team and treats each other with respect
- Corresponds with departments, and team through face-to-face meetings
- Basic knowledge and ability to use hand tools
- Understanding of electrical and mechanical concepts
- Strong verbal communication and listening skills; ensures that information is passed on to others who should be kept informed
- Self-starter who works independently and in a team environment
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Exhibits sound judgement; anticipates the implications and consequences of situations and takes appropriate action to be prepared for possible contingencies
- Maintains a calm, tactful demeanor when dealing with difficult situations
- Manages multiple projects and timelines with a sense of urgency and follow through
- Well organized, analytical, and detail oriented
- Follows direction with focused attention
- Exhibits initiative
- Willing to learn
Job Location: PVA Global Headquarters | Cohoes, NY USA
Applications Lab Team Member
The Applications Lab Team Member will assess customer needs, communicate capabilities, provide test methods, and otherwise assist customers in validating potential purchases. This position helps sell equipment by acting as the voice of the customer to translate needs and identify and test potential solutions.
- Program machines for path work.
- Act as intermediary, provide technical support, understand needs, and describe productcapabilities and company offerings to potential customers.
- Create pictures/videos/reports to present test results to customers.
- Establish priority list and ensure timely completion of customer projects.
- Present test results to the customer via pictures, videos, and reports.
- Ensure the lab and all systems are clean and ready for use.
- Review database and provide recommendations to customers on materials, products,settings, insight parameters, and history of use.
- Corresponds with customers to answer questions, understand processes/needs, and sharesinformation with applicable departments.
- Some travel required to provide onsite support and attend trade shows.
- Customer focused.
- Well organized, able to manage multiple projects with a sense of urgency and follow through.
- Self-motivated in fast-paced environment.
- Problem solver.
- Attention to detail.
- Knowledge in all aspects of fluid dispensing and coating processes.
- Knowledge of PVA’s product line.
Marketing Communications Manager
The Marketing Communications Manager acts as the communication funnel for external customers and internal team members for Precision Valve Automation – PVA. This position is critical to PVA; the Marketing Communications Manager ensures all marketing, social media, trade shows, and website marketing is executed.
• Updates internal organization chart to reflect changes regarding team members, as needed.
• Creates a social media content calendar to identify posts to share product, information, event, and HR information, as needed.
• Creates graphic support for social media, posters, promotional advertising, collateral and other partner companies, as needed.
• Posts to social media accounts (Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook), weekly.
• Updates company website with information, events, press releases, job postings,maintenance, etc., weekly.
• Partners with product development and engineering to create data sheets and include in marketing materials, as needed.
• Takes photos of products, edits, and includes in marketing collateral, as needed.
• Create press releases for new product introduction, new partnerships, events, awards, etc., as needed.
• Partners with regional managers to plan trade show calendar with budget, annually.
• Plans events and trade shows, designs booth and collateral, ships necessary product, orders
giveaways, and arranges travel for three – five shows, annually.
• Attends trade shows and meets with industry publications to provide media interviews, as needed.
• Provides support to regional managers with collateral for regional events, as needed.
• Orders business cards for employees, as needed.
• Oversees PR and digital marketing firms to identify goals, track analytics, and ensures timely execution of deliverables.
• Forms strong working relationships within team and treats each other with respect.
• Corresponds with customers, departments, and team through face-to-face meetings and email communication.
• Communicates expectations to the team in a humble, clear, and detailed manner.
• Meets with manager to review strengths and areas of opportunity on a monthly basis.
• Ensures communication of business results occurs to all managers on a weekly basis.
• Acts as a role model for the team.
• Ensure compliance with all employment laws, company policies, guidelines and procedures
• and partners with leadership, as needed.
• Customer centric, committed to supporting the internal and external customer.
• Excellent verbal communication and listening skills; ensures that information is passed on to others who should be kept informed.
• Self-starter who works independently and in a team environment.
• Thrives in a fast-paced environment.
• Exhibits sound judgement; anticipates the implications and consequences of situations and takes appropriate action to be prepared for possible contingencies.
• Maintains a calm, tactful demeanor when dealing with difficult situations.
• Manages multiple projects and timelines with a sense of urgency and follow through.
• Well organized, analytical, and detail oriented.
• Follows direction with focused attention.
• Exhibits initiative.
• Willing to learn.
• Strong computer and Adobe suite knowledge skills, required.
• Minimum of five (5)+ years of marketing and/or sales experience, required.
• Extensive knowledge of social media, required.
• Graphic design and photography experience, preferred.
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing/communications/graphic design, required.
Location: PVA Global Headquarters | Cohoes, NY
Job Description: The Fluid Engineer is responsible for innovating and designing the systems and products sold by Precision Valve Automation - PVA. This position ensures that the product is designed correctly, and within customer requirements, budget, and timeframe.
- Review sales orders and interpret engineering needs to deliver an on-time, complete, and accurate design and documentation package.
- Facilitates project kick-off meeting.
- Coordinates with other departments to develop project schedule.
- Answers questions, manages expectations and acceptance criterion, and fosters customer relationships throughout the design process.
- Monitors project to ensure that goals and customer expectations are met, and product is developed on schedule.
- Designs and develops machine documents and submits models to CAD group to create diagrams and generate full bill for parts.
- Partners with purchasing and internal shops to order parts for on time delivery.
- Organizes and facilitates Engineering Cross Review to assess and ensure design meets the needs of the customer and company.
- Interprets safety codes so that equipment meets specifications on every design.
- Conducts meetings to gain customer approval of all specifications prior to manufacturing.
- Creates test run-off document, post run-off punch list, and conducts customer run-off acceptance meeting.
- Customer centric, committed to supporting the internal and external customer.
- Strong verbal communication and listening skills.
- Self-starter who works independently and in a fast-paced team environment.
- Maintains a calm, tactful demeanor when dealing with difficult situations.
- Manages multiple projects and timelines with a sense of urgency and follow through.
- Well organized, analytical, and detail oriented.
- Strong computer and excel skills.
- Knowledge of industrial robots, machinery, electrical and fluid mechanics, electronics, and
- modeling/drawing software. required.
- Minimum three (3)+ years of custom engineering and design required.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, required.
Job Location: PVA Global Headquarters | Cohoes, NY