Job Description: Fabricate precision parts from metal, plastic, etc. using machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, drill press, etc. Use precision measuring tools and various hand tools. Responsible for performing 1st piece inspections on machined parts.
- Select the appropriate tools, machines, and materials to be used in preparation of machinery work.
- Check work pieces to ensure that they are properly lubricated and cooled.
- Maintain industrial machines, applying knowledge of mechanics, shop mathematics, metal properties, layout, and machining procedures.
- Align and secure holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, or materials onto machines.
- Confer with programmers in order to check and ensure that new programs or machinery will function properly, and that output will meet specifications.
- Perform other duties as assigned by team leaders and managers.
- Calculate dimensions or tolerances, using instruments such as micrometers or vernier calipers.
- Measure, examine, or test completed units to check for defects and ensure conformance to specifications, using precision instruments, such as micrometers.
- Monitor the feed and speed of machines during the machining process.
- Diagnose machine tool malfunctions to determine need for adjustments or repairs.
- Maintain a clean and neat work area.
Job Location: PVA Global Headquarters | Cohoes, NY
Manufacturing Team Member
The Manufacturing Team Member is responsible for manufacturing the systems and products sold by PVA. This position ensures that product is assembled correctly and shipped on time.
- Reads and interprets electrical and mechanical schematics to assemble components
- Uses a volt meter and hand tools
- Cable assembly and cable integration into motion platform
- Ensures department meets weekly average shipment targets
- Ensures that goals and expectations are met, and product is being developed on schedule
- Ensures equipment is in optimum working order and brings issues to supervisors’ attention within one hour when aware of machine interruption
- Maintains confidentiality of customer information 100% of the time
- Forms strong working relationships within team and treats each other with respect
- Corresponds with departments, and team through face-to-face meetings
- Basic knowledge and ability to use hand tools
- Understanding of electrical and mechanical concepts
- Strong verbal communication and listening skills; ensures that information is passed on to others who should be kept informed
- Self-starter who works independently and in a team environment
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Exhibits sound judgement; anticipates the implications and consequences of situations and takes appropriate action to be prepared for possible contingencies
- Maintains a calm, tactful demeanor when dealing with difficult situations
- Manages multiple projects and timelines with a sense of urgency and follow through
- Well organized, analytical, and detail oriented
- Follows direction with focused attention
- Exhibits initiative
- Willing to learn
Job Location: PVA Global Headquarters | Cohoes, NY USA
Applications Lab Team Member
The Applications Lab Team Member will assess customer needs, communicate capabilities, provide test methods, and otherwise assist customers in validating potential purchases. This position helps sell equipment by acting as the voice of the customer to translate needs and identify and test potential solutions.
- Program machines for path work.
- Act as intermediary, provide technical support, understand needs, and describe productcapabilities and company offerings to potential customers.
- Create pictures/videos/reports to present test results to customers.
- Establish priority list and ensure timely completion of customer projects.
- Present test results to the customer via pictures, videos, and reports.
- Ensure the lab and all systems are clean and ready for use.
- Review database and provide recommendations to customers on materials, products,settings, insight parameters, and history of use.
- Corresponds with customers to answer questions, understand processes/needs, and sharesinformation with applicable departments.
- Some travel required to provide onsite support and attend trade shows.
- Customer focused.
- Well organized, able to manage multiple projects with a sense of urgency and follow through.
- Self-motivated in fast-paced environment.
- Problem solver.
- Attention to detail.
- Knowledge in all aspects of fluid dispensing and coating processes.
- Knowledge of PVA’s product line.
Job Description: The C# & WPF Developer designs and develops the software applications used in the machinery and products sold by PVA.
- Designs and develops software applications to include; methodology, structure, and interface for new software/workflow, coding, debugging, and documentation.
- Identifies development environment for existing and next generation software development.
- Codes software to ensure it matches established methodology used in company.
- Manages feature requests for existing software programs.
- Generates test environment to test software and identify bugs.
- Ensures documentation, release information, and training are detailed and communicated effectively to other departments.
- Manages software information through lifecycle within PVA.
- Conducts software design reviews as part of R&D process.
- Customer centric, committed to supporting the internal and external customer.
- Strong verbal communication and listening skills in a small team setting.
- Self-starter who works independently and in a fast-paced team environment.
- Exhibits sound judgement; anticipates the implications and consequences of situations and takes appropriate action to be prepared for possible contingencies.
- Maintains a calm, tactful demeanor when dealing with difficult situations.
- Manages multiple projects and timelines with a sense of urgency and follow through.
- Well organized and detail oriented.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Achieves results with focused attention.
- Creates cost-effective solutions.
- Exhibits initiative and willing to learn.
- Open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism.
- Knowledge of automation or industrial robotics, preferred.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, or equivalent.
- 4+ years’ experience developing desktop applications in C# and WPF.
- 2+ years’ experience developing web or desktop UI with XAML in Blend or Visual Studio.
- 2+ years’ experience developing in an MVVM Framework such as PRISM.
- Demonstrated understanding of UI/UX best practices.
- Experience with source control, Git preferred.
- Experience with third-party user control packages (Telerik, Infragistics, DevExpress).
- Experience with 3D modeling and graphics.
Job Location: PVA Global Headquarters | Cohoes, NY