Manufacturing Team Member
The Manufacturing Team Member is responsible for manufacturing the systems and products sold by PVA. This position ensures that product is assembled correctly and shipped on time.
- Reads and interprets electrical and mechanical schematics to assemble components.
- Uses a volt meter and hand tools.
- Cable assembly and cable integration into motion platform.
- Ensures department meets weekly average shipment targets.
- Ensures that goals and expectations are met, and product is being developed on schedule.
- Ensures equipment is in optimum working order and brings issues to supervisors’ attention within one hour when aware of machine interruption.
- Maintains confidentiality of customer information 100% of the time.
- Forms strong working relationships within team and treats each other with respect.
- Corresponds with departments, and team through face-to-face meetings.
- Basic knowledge and ability to use hand tools.
- Understanding of electrical and mechanical concepts.
- Strong verbal communication and listening skills; ensures that information is passed on to others who should be kept informed.
- Self-starter who works independently and in a team environment.
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Exhibits sound judgement; anticipates the implications and consequences of situations and takes appropriate action to be prepared for possible contingencies.
- Maintains a calm, tactful demeanor when dealing with difficult situations.
- Manages multiple projects and timelines with a sense of urgency and follow through.
- Well organized, analytical, and detail oriented.
- Follows direction with focused attention.
- Exhibits initiative.
- Willing to learn.
PLC Software Engineer
The PLC Software Engineer will design, implement and debug software on motion control and PLC platforms. Systems include curing ovens (UV and infrared), queue stations, meter mix, and fluid dispensing applications, among others. Development will include standard, custom, and engineered to order products.
- Manage PLC software projects
- System software specifications and documentation
- PLC software design, debug, and development
- Manage PLC software lifecycle
- Maintenance of the entire PLC software code base for Product Development
- Provide input and feedback on system design as needed
- Assist with mechanical/electrical debug of prototype systems
- Well organized, self-motivated, problem solver with attention to detail
- PLC, HMI and Ladder experience required
- Allen Bradley experience
- Unitronics experience
- Controls Engineer experience preferred
- Familiar with servo motors, motion control, drives
- Familiar with discrete and analog IO
- Some CanBus and Modbus experience preferred
- Familiar with version control software and repository concepts
The Software Engineer will design and develop custom software to support a variety of robotics and automation tasks.
Design and development of custom software.
Perform custom software specification development on a project basis.
Generate build documentation for machine PC, controls, and machine vision systems.
Production & Customer support, troubleshooting of Software and Controls.
Well organized, attentive to detail, willing to learn.
Ability to develop and architect software in LabVIEW, and/or structured text languages.
Familiarity with Production Management Systems (MES, CAM, FIS, etc.)
Understanding of controls: Servo motors and controllers, Safety devices, Relays, PID, etc.
Experience in 2D or 3D CAD is preferred
Machine Vision experience preferred, but not required